Monday, August 10, 2009

who knew?!

remember a couple of days a go when i said i had a dream about painting? well, this is what i was dreaming about! usually when i sit down to do something like this i end up disappointed when it doesn't turn out the way it was in my head, but this time i think it actually ended up cuter than i imagined. 


i used one of the 5"x5" canvases i snagged from the dollar spot, gesso'ed over the princess wand that was outlined on it and went at it with some studio & liquitex acrylics, asterisks from some of my favorite sets of thickers and a little bit of basic grey fabric to make my own little photobooth. then i printed teeny tiny versions of some of my photobooth strips from orlando and glossy accented them right onto the sides of the canvas.

the last canvas i made currently resides in my closet and has never seen the light of day. but, i am actually really psyched on this one and can't wait to play with some more mini canvases! now to find the perfect spot for this little guy!

13 comments:

Sara Berry said...

Morgan! You are so creative! I love this canvas! I have SEVERAL that are in the closet and WISH one of mine was this cool. Can't wait to see more of these!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

This is just crazy, CRAZY cool! I am so gonna try it.
What a wonderful idea.

gen said...

that's pretty sweet miss m! love the colours and the teeny pix. xog

island jen said...

that is crazy good...love it!!

Vee said...

this is so cute and awesome!!

Lisa said...

That is so adorable! I love it!

Mandi Johnson said...

hehe so cuuute!

marge said...

how awesome. You are so talented

cheiron said...

Fabulous! Love the "curtain"!

kl said...

oh my goodness
that is SO cute!
xo

EliseBlaha said...

this is really really cool.

Anonymous said...

Agh! Love that-I'm a photobooth addict! Way cute!

Anonymous said...

Agh! Love that-I'm a photobooth addict! Way cute!