Sunday, September 6, 2009

in the works...

lately i've been way more inspired to work on mini albums and layouts, rather than just cards, and i think it has everything to do with my recent ruthless clean out of my scrapping area. i think since i've gone through my entire stash somewhat recently i actually have an idea of what i own and finding myself excited about embellishments and papers i forgot i even owned, like those crazy old school junkitz letter stickers! 


since my return from austin i've been wanting to make my album about the trip, but i sometimes have trouble working on a project that i have such high expectations for.  i already knew i wanted to use the chatterbox wood veneer albums as soon as i saw it, and i have all my photos printed with the "color craft bonus picture" frame from big huge labs, but i've been having trouble deciding on just the right collection of papers. 

i always associate color combinations with certain people or different events and with this trip it was all about the modern/salmon-y red, avocado & teal inspired by a row of shops right off south congress street that i fell in love with on my very first day in austin. so, i have finally picked my final collection of papers (from 7 different manufacturers, yay!) and decorated the front cover of my album, now to work on the inside pages, decide between typing or printing my journaling and go on the hunt for some very large d-rings! wish me luck!

2 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

That cover is pure gorgeousness and I love the pp choices too!

Vee said...

love that veneer mini! :)